KELBROOK  ~ Formerly part of the Parish of Thornton-in-Craven, Yorkshire

INDEX TO KELBROOK CHURCHES, CHAPELS & BURIAL GROUNDS

Bookmark Establishment and Location
 Church of England
 KEL.CE.01 St.Mary the Virgin, Church Lane
 KEL.UM.01 Bethel, Colne Road
 Return to map    
For the history of Kelbrook see -
 'Kelbrook in Times Past' by Victor Laycock (1987)

Town / Index no :  Kelbrook - KEL.CE.01
Map references :  OS SD 903448
Name :  St.Mary the Virgin
Denomination :  Church of England
Address :  Church Lane, Kelbrook, Lancs (formerly in Yorkshire)
 
Parish Registers at Lancashire Archives, listed in LANCAT online catalogue
  C 1841-1974, M 1869-1970,
Local Sources for Copies of Parish Registers
  -
Graveyard
  Still in use
Memorial Inscriptions
  Transcribed 1996 - 335 headstones
Local Copies of Memorial Inscriptions
  Colne Library
Brief History
  1839 Built .. Thornton in Craven was the mother church
  1851 Religious Census = an additional church for Thornton-in-Craven parish
  1868 First marriage at Kelbrook - until then at St.Mary's Thornton (THO.CE.01)
Top of page    

Town / Index no :  Kelbrook - KEL.UM.01
Map references :  OS SD 901446
Name :  Bethel
Denomination :  United Methodist
Address :  Colne Road, Kelbrook, Lancs (formerly in Yorkshire)
 
Parish Registers at Lancashire Archives, listed in LANCAT online catalogue
M 1942-1971
Local Sources for Copies of Parish Registers
  B 1889-1970, M 1935-1942, Circuit Archives
Graveyard
  none
Memorial Inscriptions
  -
Local Copies of Memorial Inscriptions
  -
Brief History
  1826 Founded - first chapel on Waterloo Road
  1851 Religious Census = Bethel Chapel, parish of Thornton, Yorks 1826 Wesleyan Association
  1890 Rebuilt on Colne Road
  1983 Amalgamated with others to form Church of St.Peter, Earby (EAR.M.01)
  1990s Demolished .. house built on site, datestones from chapel in garden
  see 'Kelbrook, Bethel United Methodist Church, Kelbrook centenary, 1826 -1926, a Souvenir hymn book' by Kelbrook Bethel United Methodist Church
Top of page    

LFHHS Pendle & Burnley Branch 2002