- Lancashire Family History & Heraldry Society
- The Society's Main Site with many items of interest .. the Shop, lists and links to all the branches, Membership
application forms etc
- LFHHS - Rossendale Branch
- LFHHS - Lancaster & Morecambe Branch
Lancashire County Council Archives Service
- Library locations and opening times, search the online catalogue, church registers, historic images, old maps,
etc. Lots to choose from!
© Imasduz 2002
- This is Newchurch in Pendle St.Mary. to view Images like this and many more, visit Susan Eldridge's website
My Lancashire Ancestors
- The Friends of St.John's Churchyard
- As registered charity (1113731), formed by a group of parishioners, other persons from outside the parish and
some from outside Nelson. Members of the group are volunteers, working to restore the churchyard and combat
the depredations of the pernicious Japanese Knotweed and also damage done by vandals. Many members have
relatives interred in the churchyard and have a heartfelt personal interest in restoring the dignity of this sanctified
ground. Some members are physically involved in the work, but most support the endeavour by fundraising or
by personal donations
- Earby and District Local History Society
- Pendle Borough Information/Tourism
- Accommodation and sightseeing information for those wishing to visit the area
- Lancashire BMD
- A long term County based project (LancashireBMD) to put "St.Catherines Index" online to search events and order
certificates .. the Lancashire section is at a quite well advanced stage
- Free BMD
- also a long term project, where volunteers have transcribed (random) sections of "St.Catherines Index" for online
- Great Harwood History Society
a work in progress as over the last twenty years we have accumulated a lot of documents,
but there are already
very many useful items on the site.
Most are transcriptions, so all the usual warnings apply!
- USA, Ellis Island
- American Immigration Records based on Shipping Manifests
- LDS Family Search (IGI)
- Burnley Union Workhouse
- This website describes the history of the workhouses of Burnley & Padiham with lots of interesting photographs.
Links to census records of staff and inmates. The last of the workhouse buildings were demolished in 2008.
An article in the Burnley Express by Roger Frost describes the
- Sam Hanna's Films
- Website at which you can watch a selection of Sam Hanna's films covering the social history of Burnley & Pendle.
It will be necessary to download a programme called Quick Time. A computer restart may be required before it
- Lancashire Local History Federation
- Lancashire Online Parish Clerk Project
- The Lancashire Parish Register Society