|The Branch Resources (CD-Roms, Reference Books, Microfiche, Memorial Cards & Computer databases) are only available to Members, for research, at Branch Meetings on the 3rd and 5th Wednesdays; most Books are now stored offsite and must be ordered in advance. These resources are no longer available to the public during normal library opening times. Since the major refurbishment at Colne and the subsequent removal of the Library Security system, it is very unlikely that this facility will ever be re-instated|
- Currently held CD-ROMs available to be viewed on the Branch Computer and/or loaned to members.
- Branch Library catalogue, listed in a category related order. There are very few (if any) new acquisitions because of the lack of storage space - see the note above.
- A collection of mementoes donated to the Family History Society, recording the deaths of family members, friends and relatives.
- A List of the Branch holdings in category related order, with any new titles shown at the beginning of each section. These microfiche are the product of all branches and published by the Society. Most, if not all of the Microfiche listed can be purchased from the Society - contact
- Parish Register images for many of our local parish churches in town/church order. These Microfiche are produced from filmed Parish Register Books from Lancashire County Record Office.
- Documents referring to many local family surnames, held by Colne Library in the Reserve Stockroom for REFERENCE ONLY. These are not a Society resource, but are listed here for convenience
- Parish Register and MI transcriptions available for searching on the Branch Computer.
© 2002 LFHHS Pendle and Burnley Branch